This is an easy to make appetizer and it comes in handy when you have friends coming over for a glass of beer.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 250 gr. butter/or lard/or margarine;
- 250 gr. goat cheese/or any other type of cheese you like;
- 250 gr. flour;
- 1 egg yolk;
- add salt only if the cheese is not salty;
- caraway seeds/or sesame seeds/or poppy seeds.
- 1 egg beaten for spreading;
First, scrape the goat cheese and mix well with the flour. Add the cold butter cut into cubes and the egg yolk. Work it until the dough comes out of your hands. Cover with plastic film and put it into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven at 200°C. Place the baking paper in the oven tray.
With a rolling pin, spread the dough into a sheet (3-5 mm thick). Using a wavy-edged knife cut the dough into stripes. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle the caraway seeds (or any other seeds you like).
Depending on your type of oven, bake 10-12 minutes or until it gets a nice golden color.
Cheers and Enjoy!